1. Purchase from Consumer Cooperative Stores
Which has a limit of Rs 5000 at a time.
2. Payment of fees in Governmental schools and colleges.
One good way to use the notes.
3. Payment for pre-paid mobile top up
Which has a limit of Rs 500 per top up.
4. Foreign citizens can exchange foreign currency up to Rs 5000 per week
5. Payment at toll plazas can be done through old notes of Rs 500.
6. Tickets of railways and airlines can be purchased.
7. Petrol and LPG gas cylinders are still available through the old notes.
8. Medical stores but only on the prescription by the doctor.
9. Seeds at state-owned outlets are also available.
10. Other places which will accept the notes:
1. Governmental Milk Booths
2. Burial grounds and Crematoriums
Source: The Economic Times
Recommended for you: Foreign Media on Indian currency change and why was it done!